7.26.2010

Dew drops, coffee and sunshine!




I walked down the path to the lake, coffee & camera in hand.

 The grass was carpeted in a layer of dew that sparkled like diamonds in the sun. My flip flops getting wet, the water cold on my feet, I continued down God’s red carpet for me. Birds swooped down low before me & rabbits scurried to safety as I approached. The sun wrapped me in a blanket of warmth as a small breeze blew through, stirring the tall grass around me.

I came to the boardwalk leading to the gazebo. I took in a deep breath of the pure, crisp air, facing the sun and closed my eyes soaking it all in; the beauty of the morning, the sounds of little creatures wandering about, birds singing sweet songs and the smell of the cold, wet morning air.

 I curled up in one of the wooden chairs in the gazebo and sipped my coffee while enjoying the sights and sounds around me. As I sat there, I praised God for all of His goodness. Completely thankful for God’s recent works in my life I prayed a quiet prayer to Him in the peaceful moment:
 
“Thank you God for this day, my friends & family. Thank you for opening doors for me to experience great, new things. Thank you for my talents and giving me a reason to be passionate about life. Thank you, for making me beautiful. Thank you, for loving me.”

 I finished my prayer and started to sing one of my favorite worship songs, not caring what I sounded like or who might even be around to hear me. This song was for God, who knows my heart inside & out. I was instantly overwhelmed with a sense of peace and love. What an amazing thing to have moments like this one, to be so close to God. I basked in it a while longer, not caring what time it was or how long I had been there. A smile crept onto my face as I thought about God’s loving-kindness in my world. 

Coffee almost gone, I got up and started walking back to the house. I hummed to myself as I walked, watching the grass sparkle with every step. A single Monarch butterfly dipped in front of me and around my head. I watched it weave in and out of the flowers on either side of me. It rested on some leaves to my left. I stopped to see if it would move before I would have an opportunity to take a picture. As it continued to sit there, I got closer to it and crouched down. After making a few adjustments on my camera, I snapped a few pictures. I love butterflies, so to get an opportunity like this one just made my heart happy.

100% blessed to have a morning like this, I looked forward to the rest of my day, confident that it was going to be just as wonderful.



Samantha Austin Photography, based in Western Michigan, approaches photography in a fresh & natural way while offering a unique experience that is personal in reflecting the special moments of your life! We specialize in children, family and wedding photography. Thanks for visiting and keep checking back!